March 13, 2008

Allow myself to introduce...myself

First off, let me state that I am not fat just because I am going by the pseudonym "McFatty". I am a fatty as I am so affectionately called by my friends and family, aka a "foodie". I love, I repeat, love to eat. But not the kind of love that would have you finding me at the local buffet, shoveling piles of mashed potatoes and biscuits down my throat (I save that for special occassions). I'm a food connoisseur, so I appreciate and enjoy all kinds of food in every form.

This blog will be dedicated to my passion for the culinary arts. I will be reviewing various local restaurants in the Southern California areas, focusing on places that offer something different from your run-of-the-mill corporate chains (although I'll have to give my occasional shout-outs to my favorites). Restaurants are great places for people to meet and mingle, find love, be entertained, bring back old memories, or make new ones. Food is more than just a necessity for survival; it's a cultural touchstone and a form of art. I hope that my blog will help you discover that...or find a really good meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum yum eat 'em up?! That's from "Doug"! Aww...Doug.